26 February 2010

mnmlist (and enjoy your Friday!)


This is one of those infrequent times when I share a little bit about myself. :) I don't know about anyone else, but there are a few fantasies I have always sort of had, and I can't explain why. And, they tend to be of places. The one I want to bring up in particular is of a big window letting light pour onto a bed with fluffy white blankets, pillows, and sheets. Whenever I go off daydreaming about my future home, this image is there. Simple, bright, and beautiful (and clean, because I love the clean).

At the heart of it, I believe that all of us are simple and want simple things. Love, happiness, safety, etc. And in a world where we are always wanting more more more and even in a blogosphere that is full of stuff-lust, it's healthy and even a relief to remember that it's all pretty simple. Going with this idea, here is today's bit of inspiration:
* * *
"Stop buying unnecessary things.
Toss half your stuff, learn contentedness.
Reduce half again.

List 4 essential things in your life,
stop doing non-essential things.
Do these essentials first each day, clear distractions
focus on each moment.

Let go of attachment to doing, having more.
Fall in love with less."

source: mnmlist.com
Thanks to Katie for finding this!

3 hand prints:

Amy Lauren said...

nice!

Katie Marie said...

Aww, thanks Heidi! I always imagine the big fluffy blankets too (down-comforters) and sun streaming in the window. In those dreams, I don't have a job, just stay in bed all day.

:D

Heidi Rose said...

lol Katie. Sounds good.