25 November 2009

Get A Head Start

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, make a list of all the things you are thankful for. I'm telling you now so that by the time Thursday rolls around, you'll have had enough time to think about it that you can really appreciate it (maybe even share your list with someone?). It can be short and simple, or long and specific. It doesn't even need to be a list. It could be a short essay. It could be a poem. Anything that makes you mindful of your blessings, for a further purpose:

"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving."
-W. T. Purkiser

1 hand prints:

Katie Marie said...

Oh man. I've been really thankful lately... get ready for my cheesy list!

1. friends & family.
2. growing up in middle class family. (I work with low income students, and I am constantly amazed by the opportunities I had growing up that they don't have)
3. a job, especially in this economy
4. college. I've learned so much here in madison, I wonder where I would be if I hadn't come.
5. grandparents. and the fact that I had the opportunity to know all of them, if only for a little while
6. being able to read. (I know, right? but some people can't read, and they're missing out on great things! don't judge me)
7. my health. sure, I'm not perfect, but I can walk, run, bike, get around without serious health problems.
8. food! cuz I love it!