24 September 2009

Give an Uncomfortably Long Hug


"...we cannot survive without human affection." - Dalai Lama

Sometimes the most uncomfortable moments are the ones that make the biggest difference. Maybe it'd be easiest to pretend someone else's problems aren't as obvious as they really are. People struggle all the time and have to cope by themselves because no one else is brave enough to step into that potentially uncomfortable zone of letting the other person know that we're not all that different. The next time you notice someone who seems real down on themselves, step over that boundary, I know it would make a world of a difference if that person were me.

So go ahead, go out into the world and give an uncomfortably long hug! :)
(and I'm thinking it will help YOU also, more than you know)

5 hand prints:

Heidi Rose said...

I think Kelly needs a hug the most, but she insists she doesn't want any. :(

Kelly Renée said...

Oh, Heidi...Don't feel so bad about it. I don't like Moma or Lilly hugging me either.

I wish I could give Jeremy an uncomfortably long hug. =/

Lilly Anne said...

Heidi I liked your hugs!

I love your butt-wiggling hugs also, Amy ;0)

Amy Lauren said...

I think you should all hug Mup on a daily basis! I think SHE needs it the most..

Katie Marie said...

Uncomfortably long hugs result in awkwardness.